Healthy ways to enjoy great tasting coffees!
Good news! You can boost your health while enjoying your favourite caffeine kick.
Here are some of our favourite hacks for getting the most from your morning coffee.
For the best start to your day select quality organic brew free of pesticides and harmful chemicals.
Drink your coffee black, it can be a litter bitter tasting at first but your taste buds will adjust to the bold flavour, alternatively, Crazy Goat Co offers a range of smooth softer tasting coffees that you can enjoy black.
If you prefer your coffee white avoid artificial creams which are packed with sugar and instead try coconut or almond milk as healthier options.
To satisfy those sweet cravings try honey, agave or maple syrup as healthier alternatives to sugars and artificial sweeteners.
Spice up your life with a pinch of cinnamon which can help reduce inflammation and stabilises blood sugar levels, turmeric is another punchy option which has been proven to enhance memory function.
For a refreshing start to the day why not try a cold brew, make it the night before for a relaxing start to the day
Health Boosting Coffee Recipes
Almond Milk Cold Brew Coffee Latte
- 2/3 cup of The Kaldi Blend – Naturally sweetness and nutty characters.
- 3 Cups of water
- 1 Cup per latte of your favourite brand of almond milk (Califia Farms if you were wondering….)
- Grind your coffee beans – Or let us do the leg work!
- Stir the ground coffee and water together in a large pitcher, cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator. (12-24 hours).
- Strain the coffee from the grinds. Repeat as necessary.
- Pour into ice cub trays and freeze. Make lattes by mixing the coffee ice cubes with almond milk. Add cubes for a stronger coffee.
- 10 tablespoons The Soul Blend coffee grounds
- 64 ounces water
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place a paper filter in your drip coffee maker then add coffee grounds and cinnamon, mixing them together.
- Pour the water in the reservoir and set your coffee maker to brew.
- If desired, serve with steamed milk, sugar or whipped cream.
If you don’t have a filter coffee machine why not try one of our Aeropress Coffee Makers
We hope you enjoyed the short read on coffee & health.